Saturday, October 29, 2011

You'll Be the Death of Me

 "UGH!" I yelled as pain shot through the right side of my body. I was trying (unsuccessfully) to break down the bathroom door. "Jesus Christ!" I panted as I pulled away from it, clutching my shoulder. "He  must've put something on the other side." I should've known that no brother of mine, as crazy as he may be, would be stupid enough to think a locked door could stop two grown women. If I could have possibly been out of here by now, I would have. It had already been a day, so I had already missed my meeting with Drake and Lydia. My chances at getting any answers were growing slimmer by the minute.

Therese said nothing in reply.

 Behind me, she was hunched over on the floor weeping. I knelt down beside her and stroked her back in an attempt to comfort her. She responded only by going rigid and recoiling from my touch.

"Look, we're gonna get out of here, alright? He can't just keep us in here forever," I soothed her, although the words were also for my benefit. In all honesty, my insides were bound up in a knot and, in my head, I was making my peace with God.

 "He can if we're dead," she whispered.

 
The door swung open just as she finished her sentence. Bailey offered no explanation as he stepped in, brandishing his gun and carrying a tray with several empty glasses on it. I could smell the alcohol rolling off of him. A single glass filled with a crimson substance caught my eye. It looked like red wine but... gloppier... thicker...


 Bailey moved me aside with the hand in the gun with it and moved closer to Therese who was now on the floor, trying to scoot away from the man who was once her loving husband. He knelt down and gently set the glass filled with the red substance next to her. In a flash, the rest of the tray crashed against the wall and glass shards rained down on the floor.

 "You earned your kill, demon," He spat at her. "Enjoy it. It's the last you'll ever taste."

I began to gasp, "Is that-"

 "Blood. Yes. Don't act like you don't know, hell-spawn. Don't act like you're not dying for a taste." He scolded me before returning his attention to Therese. "Stand up and drink so I can see."


 "Bailey, please," She whimpered, struggling to her feet. "It's me, baby, please. please-"

"DRINK IT, BITCH!" He bellowed, pointing the gun straight at her face.

Through her tears, she obliged and pressed the glass to her lips. She gripped it with both hands and moved it slightly back so that I could see the red liquid passing over onto her tongue. After only a second, she gagged violently and lost her grip on the glass. It made a crashing sound on impact that caused the poor, shaken woman to shudder.
"EVERY LAST DROP!" He hurled at her as he knocked her down to the floor as if to rub her nose in her mess like a dog. Before I could resist, he was on me. Holding me steady. Forcing me to watch as my sister-in-law lapped up her own daughter's blood off of the cold, tile floor. She knelt down and flicked her tongue through the death puddle. I could hear her sobbing and gagging with every movement.

"Get off me you son of a bitch!" I shrieked as I elbowed Bailey in the ribs. He let go with a grunt. I whirled around and once again, my face went the butt of his gun. I sprawled out across the floor, not unconscious, but stunned and dazed. 

"None for you tonight you greedy, whore," He hissed at me.

 I barely registered him leave the room as I attempted to get myself together. I glanced over at Therese who was now in full-blown melt down mode on the floor.

 I inched over to her, never quite able to completely stand up, and pulled her into a hug. We were all we had, and if we didn't figure out something soon, we'd have nothing.

2 comments:

  1. I now feel like I'm going to relive my dinner...
    This is awful, I really hope they can get out... ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!! What the hell is wrong with him? That creature took over his mind some how or did he have a break down from seeing his daughter die?

    ReplyDelete